Welcome to vegetarian
! This space was created to allow positive discourse and friendly debate with veg*ns and those who support (and secretly want to be!) veg*ns.
Please take a moment to review our Community Rules. BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF vegetarian
, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO ADHERE TO THE COMMUNITY RULES. Before you become an active member within the community, please make sure you have read and understand all of the community's policies.
Supporting a safe and respectful space to discuss and engage in friendly debate regarding veg*n interests is our top priority. The mission of this community is to support, educate, and chat with other veg*ns. If you happen to observe anything that appears to be a violation of the rules, please get in touch with a moderator right away.Your friendly neighborhood mods are:
Questions, concerns, or comments about this community or its sister community, nice_vegetarian, must be submitted to our moderation community, vegetarianmods.
We're happy to have you here! Please post, comment, share your experiences, and participate!
Click here to search vegetarian!
- Chopped Cabbage : 2 Cups
- Chana dal (split bengal gram) : 1 Cup
- Chopped onion : 1 Cup
- Green chilli (chopped) : 2
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
- Tadka ingredients : Bengal gram,black gram,mustard and cumin seeds
- Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1tsp
- Turmeric powder : ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 red chilli
- Coriander for garnishing
- Soak chana dal for 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a pan.Add red chilli by splitting it in to half. Add tadka ingredients, Next add chopped onions.Add 1-1/2 tsp salt.Add curry leaves.Add chopped green chilli and let all saute for 2 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste.Add soaked chana dal and mix well. Allow this to cook for 5 mins.
- Add ½ turmeric powder and mix it well. Add chopped cabbage and mix it well. Close with lid and cook for 10 mins on medium heat.
- Next, Add 1 tsp red chilli powder. Add 1 tsp coriander powder. Mix well and cook it for another 10 mins.
- Add 2 tsp of grated coconut powder. This is optional. Cook it for another 5 mins
- Next Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves.
- Now Cabbage and Bengal fry is ready to serve with rice or roti.
1. Improved MoodResearchers have proven that arachidonic acid a substance that has low levels found in veggies and more common in meats is linked mood swings and depression.
2. Decreased Psoriasis Symptoms
Psoriasis is a skin condition where skin becomes red, scaly, and itchy.
3. Decreased Risk of Diabetes
Need I say anymore? Diabetes is destroying our country.
4. Reduced Risk of Developing Cataracts
Eye opening news right here.
5.Decreased Risk of Stroke and Obesity
The Number one killer in the world. (Especially in the U.S.)
Thank you Mondo Tacos
for the great article. Who knew vegetarian tacos could be so delicious and healthy? If you are ever in the Los Angeles area I recommend giving them a shot!
Dr. Olivia Moses - Indian peanut chutney is a wonderful condiment if you would like to add a punch of spicy to your meal! It even works as a great spread for breads and sandwiches! My Mom and I had fun making this video for you! Enjoy!
Soups are always a great way to gain healthy nutrients, every age people like to eat soups, including kids. Because soup is very easy digest and it is the great way to stay warm & healthy in cold day. It is also an important part of meal in some regions.
Winter's are on our doorstep. So prepare yourself to enjoy these winter and be healthy. You don’t need to go outside in a restaurant to eat your favorite soup, now you can easily prepare your it at home.
Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite, very delicious, great in taste & healthy soup recipe called mexican zucchini soup recipe. This recipe is very easy to make in cold and rainy days and very healthy.
I hope you all like this
What needs to Prepare this:
2 cup Zucchini
Unpeeled and Sliced 1 Small Onion
Chopped 1 cup Corn Kernels
2 tbsp Green Chilies Chopped
2 cup Vegetable Broth
1 cup Milk
¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
2-3 tbsp Cream Cheese Few Parsley or Coriander Leaves Chopped
1 Pinch Nutmeg Powder Butter for fry
Salt to taste
How to make Mexican Zucchini Soup
Step 1: Heat butter in a pan, add onion and sauté over a medium heat till the tender. Combined zucchini green chillies, corns, vegetable broth and black pepper powder, nutmeg powder.
Step 2: Mix well and cook till the zucchini became tender
Step 3: Pour milk in the pan and stir it for few minutes then add cream cheese and salt as needed. Whisk well. Cook for 10 minutes more until the cheese mixed well into the milk
Step 4: Turn off the flame. Garnish with parsley or coriander leaves.
Step 5: Serve warm
Clean and comfort simple food for all. For other soup recipe you have to visit at FoodPinup.
Today was a rainy day, so it was time to indulge a bit. What better way to do this with a gratin? Here's one of my favourite recipes, simple but yummy! You can find the recipe here
• 1/2 broccoli head
• 1/2 cauliflower head
• 100 g mushrooms
• coconut oil for the pan
• 150 ml single cream
• 100 g cheese of your choice (in my case parmesan)
• herbs of your choice (I used dried oregano) Instructions
1) Melt coconut oil in a pan (you can use butter or olive oil, too). Meanwhile, cut brokkoli, cauliflower and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Add to pan and saute for 10 minutes.
2) Pre-heat oven to 200 °C.
3) Transfer the vegetables into an ovenproof dish. Add single cream, top with half the cheese and sprinkle some herbs of your choice over it.
4) Transfer the dish into the oven and "bake" for 10 minutes. After that, add the remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
Note: It might look like it won't have much taste due to the lack of spices. But cheese, especially parmesan, adds a lot of flavour on its own, so this recipe does not really need a lot more than that.
Even though it's a stew, this is light enough to be enjoyed even in the summer heat. The broccoli gives it lots of vitamins and also a wonderful colour and the lentils make it a satisfying meal. This stew has only few ingredients, but is delicious, gluten-free and vegan as well. So go ahead and enjoy it! You can find the recipe and more photos here
100 g green or red lentils
1 broccoli head
100 g of your favourite mushrooms
butter for the pan
150 g of chopped (tinned) tomatoes
1/2 teaspoons of paprika spice
1/2 teaspoons of your favourite dried herbs (basil, oregano, ...)
1) Place lentils in a pot, top with water and bring to the boil. Lentils do not need any pre-soaking. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes (red lentils need less time than green lentils).
2) In the meantime, chop broccoli and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
3) Melt some butter in a non-stick wok or frying pan. Add broccoli and mushrooms and fry on high heat for 5 minutes. Remember to check on your lentils at this stage!
4) Add chopped (tinned) tomatoes to the broccoli-mushroom-mixture. Add paprika spice and dried herbs and mix well.
5) Your lentils should be almost done by now. Drain their water and add the lentils to your vegetables. Mix well, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy while still hot!
I combined the crisp, flavorful Sharon fruits with fresh Mint and creamy seasonal Avocados. To satisfy my desire for crunchiness, I also included a lovely, gluten-free, and grain-free cookie. If you haven’t experimented with Plantain flour yet, don’t hesitate at all. As it contains no gluten, is versatile and easy to use, plantain flour will become your trusted ally to all your healthy baking.IngredientsSharon Cubes and Avocado Cream
- 2-3 Sharon Fruits, diced
- 1 big Avocado, or two small ones, pitted
- 3 Bunches of Mint
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ¼ – ½ Cup of cold Water
- ¼ Cup Plantain Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celius. Boil ½ Cup of Water. Mix ¼ Cup of Plantain Flour with half of the hot water in a pan, over low heat. Keep working your mixture with a wooden spoon, add the Coconut Sugar and the rest of the hot water. In order to obtain an elastic, smooth dough, you might need to add a little bit more water and knead with your hands a bit.
- Place your cookie cutters on a baking sheet. With the help of a teaspoon, divide the mixture into your cookie cutters. I used two big ones, 7.5 cm in diameter, and I had enough dough for a smaller one as well. Remove your cookie cutters and put your cookies into the oven for about 25 minutes. Turn them around and bake them for 10 minutes more, until they get a nice color.
- In the meantime, scoop the Avocado and add it in your blender, together with the Mint, Honey, Lemon Juice and Water. Blend until obtaining a beautiful, creamy, and smooth texture. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cut your Sharon fruits into fine cubes and divide them into two or four plates. Add the Avocado cream and decorate with the Plantain Cookies. Enjoy!
This recipe is not the quickest one, but trust me, the luscious look and the mouth-watering taste is worth the effort. If you want to speed up the process why not make one Black Forest Torte, instead of several tortini? Use a spring-form pan and make one Chocolate sponge cake. Cut it lengthwise, and proceed with the layers as described below. You will get a yummy Black Forest Torte that is super healthy and tastes divine!Ingredients
Makes 12-15 medium sized TortiniMini Chocolate Sponge Cakes
* 80 ml Honey
* 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 Big Eggs
* 2 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
* 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
* 3 Tbsp Cacao PowderCherry Sauce
* 6 Dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, then drained
* 1 Cup Cherries, pitted
* 3 Tbsp water from the datesCoconut Whipped Cream
* 1 Can of Coconut Milk, refrigerated during 24 hours
* 2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar
* 1 Tsp Vanilla ExtractTopping
* Dark Chocolate Shavings
* Cherries, pitted and quarteredInstructions
1) Heat the oven to 175 Degrees Celcius. Pour the Honey, the Olive Oil and the Eggs into the bowl of your food processor. Process until combined.
2) Measure out the Almond Flour and Bicarbonate of Soda into another bowl and mix them together. Add to the wet ingredients little by little. Process on a medium speed, then add the Cacao Powder. Process until all the dry ingredients have been mixed in.
3) Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases until about half full. Bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes, without opening the oven door. Take your little Chocolate Cakes out of the oven and insert a sharp knife in the middle of a couple of them. If your knife comes out clean, they are ready. Allow your Chocolate Cakes to cool down.
4) Make the Cherry Sauce by simply combining the three ingredients into your blender. Blend until obtaining a smooth, delicious cherry sauce. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
5) Put a big bowl and the whiskers into your freezer for about 5 minutes. Open the Coconut Milk Can upside down and place in your big bowl the creamy part of it. Keep the Coconut Water for your smoothies. Add the Coconut Sugar and the Vanilla Extract. Whisk until obtaining a fluffy whipped cream.
6) With the help of a sharp knife slice your Chocolate Cakes lengthwise. Put a teaspoon of Cherry Sauce on top of the Chocolate Cake. Continue with a teaspoon of Coconut Whipped Cream. Assemble your Black Forest Tortini. Decorate with Dark Chocolate Shavings and little pieces of cherries. Enjoy!
For 4 Cheesecakes of 75 mm diameterCrust
* ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
* 8 Dates, soaked for 5 minutes in warm water, then drained
* ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
* Pinch of SaltFilling
* 1 ½ Cup Cashew Nuts, soaked for 4 hours, then drained
* Juice of one small lemon
* ½ Cup of Water
* 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
* Salt and Pepper to tasteTopping
* Tomatoes of your liking, sliced
* Basil Leaves
* Crushed Salt
* Some Olive OilInstructions
1) Place the Sunflower Seeds in your food processor and process into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and process until obtaining a sticky consistency that holds well together.
2) Line a chopping board that fits in your freezer with parchment paper. Place your four cookie cutters on it. Press the crust mixture inside your cookie cutters, so as to create the crust for your cheesecakes. Put your chopping board in the freezer while you’re making the filling.
3) Place all the filling ingredients in your food processor and process until getting a beautiful, delicious cream. Divide the cream on the four crusts and place your cheesecakes back into the freezer to set.
4) Your cheesecakes don’t need more than half an hour to set. Remove them from the cookie cutters, add the toppings, allow them to come to room temperature and enjoy!
Note: You can keep your Tomato Cheesecakes in the freezer longer, but remember to remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw for at least an hour in room temperature before eating them. This way you will enjoy their creaminess to the fullest!